From:
Dean Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dean Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 10:22:11 -0600
> Seeing all the polls out there for college hockey it would make much
> more sense and of course more discussion if all polls in cluding the
> HL poll if there they weer top 25 not Top 10/15. All college polls
> that are currently published have at least 20.
>
> Many out there have no idea what scholls play D-1 hockey and having
> all of our lists and polls list the top 25 really helps the promotion
> of the sport nationally.

I think printing a top 25 would force the polls to list teams
with losing records. I think this would have a negative effect
on college hockey, not a positive one, since people would see
it as "small-time" and then forget about it.

I think it would be a better publicity boost for college hockey to
have one poll published instead of 3 or 4. Maybe have one super-poll
published consisting of an equal number of coaches, media members,
and hockey-l fans, sort of like the tad-poll.

-Dean

        Dean Barker                             Cray Research, Inc.
        [log in to unmask]                          655F Lone Oak Drive
        (612) 683-5414                          Eagan, MN 55121