From:
Gary Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 1994 23:55:33 CDT
With regards to the predicted contenders in the WCHA this year, I thought
I'd give my thoughts and expose myself to all.  I believe that there are
two clear favorites to win the league next season:  The Gophers (of course)
and St. Cloud (really!).  With the loss of Fairchild (Maybe the best player
in the league) and Carey, Wisconsin will have  tough time this year. The
team which seems to bring back the most seasoned talent from last is
St. Cloud.  I don't have program with me but it appears that the Huskies
will return about 16 or 17 regulars from last year's fine squad.  They are
the favorite's I think.  The Gophers bring back a ton of talented Juniors-
including Brian Bonin and also a very good freshman class.  I look for a
great race which goes down to the last week.  Dark horses would be
NMU, Wisc. and CC.  Whatever happens, I'm sure this year will be fun
and we will all enjoy it (regardless of the outcome).  Good luck to
all! (Except Wisconsin fans of course.)

Dr. Gary Hatfield

"RAH! RAH! RAH! SKI U MAH! RAH!  RAH!  RAH!"