From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 May 1994 23:48:26 -0400
Steve Kapetanakis writes:
>Todays Boston Glob reports that Harry Sinden, GM Boston
>Bruins, is close to signing Lake Superior center Clayton
>Beddoes.

WEEI-590AM reported this evening that Beddoes did sign with Boston today.

>Was Beddoes a senior last season?

Yes, he was...I don't have his stats for 93-94, but according to the
LSSU media guide, he had 48-96--144 in 132 GP over his first three
seasons.

Jeff Jackson's comments on Beddoes in the guide proved prophetic this
year: "Clayton has as much talent as any player we've had in recent
years.  His contribution to our team in the locker room and on the ice
will make the difference.  I think he's ready to lead this team."

Boston is staking a claim to becoming the favorite NHL team of LSSU
followers, as they also drafted Matt Alvey in the first round last
year.  Alvey was a freshman at LSSU in 93-94.
Mike Machnik                                             [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                     *HMM* 11/13/93