From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 1994 10:41:35 -0400
My May 6th issue of The Hockey News finally arrived, so here's the
college hockey news:

THN has announced the finalists for its NCAA top player award:
1) Chris Marinucci, UMD - has scored the most points of any other
Division I player over the last 2 seasons (27 goals, 53 points in 32 games)
2) Sean McCann, Harvard - set a record for goals by a defenseman (17)
3) David Oliver, Michigan - scored 27 goals, 67 oints in 38 games

Ken Campbell's column, McCann Makes Grade at Harvard is about Sean
McCann.  When he was 6, his house caught on fire.  Six of the children
and his father made it out, but his mother and 5 siblings died.   When he
has 7 his father died and his aunt and uncle took in all of the
children.  He spent 3 years before high school in special education, but
worked hard to make the necessary grades at Harvard.  He's been unclaimed
in 2 drafts and 2 supplemental drafts, but will try the supplemental
draft again this summer and he's hoping to have an NHL career.  (The
column is much longer, I've given only the highlights)

Carol