From:
Ely Ben-Naim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ely Ben-Naim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 19:52:53 -0500
my final four random thoughts:
1. Milbury to BC: interesting. Bc went with a pro coach for their football
   program too. I hope that milbury is committed to academic excelence.
   Good news for hockey eat, he will generate more local interest, and my
    guess is that it will not be too long before the great BU-BC rivalary
   will be renewed (BU defeated BC 9 straight, watching them play 3 games
this year before a bored to death conte forum was not that much fun, I
must admit, as a BU fan).
   The story broke in the Boston Globe by a guy named will McDonough, I was
heavily criticized here for claiming that his story about a certain coach
was not fair. Some people claimed he knows nothing about college hockey...

2. TV coverage for college hockey: Scot whalie of WBZ-TV4 in boston had a
   great story about BU, Harvard on the way to the final 4. He focused on
   superstitious coaches and players: Coach parker wears the same tie,
   Coach Tomasoni goes to the same resturant before games, BU steps to the
   ice in the same order, Harvard ice surface reads "all the way", just like
   they did in 1989, when they won the title, BU players go to the same
   italian restaurant the night before games.
   Contrary to reports here, I believe that ch4,ch7 will send reporters
   to st. paul.

3. Seems like everybody is overlooking Harvard: I think they are a great team.
   talentwise they are as good as BU and better than lssu ans minnesota.
   they play great defense and they are very fast. I do not base that only
    on their performance in the beanpot against BU. Their only major
     problem is their week schedule, they seem to play the level of their
   openent, that is why they strugled against cornel, union and princeton.
  I do not know if they will beat lssu, but the fact that 90% of the people
  who predicted the final 4 teams pick lssu over hu raelly surprised me.

 4. game time. it seems that ticket sales were not a problem, so why were
  the game times switched?

 5. any news about RPI switching to hockey east? I have read that a news conference is expacted this week
and have not heard a thing since.

hope to see BU and harvard in the final
ely