From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 19:03:27 -0500
I would just like to take a minute to publicly recognize the great job being
done by Keith Instone of answering all of the expected challenges to the
NC$$ selection process.

I am not saying that I agree with everything that happened, and neither is
he (from what I gather), but taking the unpopular side with such eloquence is
a position usually only reserved for Mike Machnik.

Obviously, I've NEVER heard of a #13 team being happy when there's a 12-team
tourney.  And one thing that some people just don't get is, if the tourney were
16 teams, the #17 would now feel shafted.  When it was 8 teams, how did the #9
team feel?

Adding more teams will NEVER make all the problems go away.  Heck, even when
you allow all the teams, you still can have problems (see `Maine' this year).

The process is NEVER easy or nice.  Someone *ALWAYS* feels shafted.

Heck, as a teacher, do you know how many kids with 89%'s think they deserve the
A-?  What about the 79%'s wanting B-'s and 69%'s desperately wanting that C-?

There has to be a cut-off somewhere, and this year, Colorado College just
happened to be the unlucky team to be the cut-off.

Again, kudo's to Keith for a *VERY* patient job.  Please keep it up.

On to the playoffs!

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre