From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 1994 11:40:19 -0500
Saturday night, Maine and BU skated to a 0-0 tie.  That was the first
scoreless tie in DivI since Cornell and Clarkson did it on 3/4/89 in
Game 2 of the ECAC Quarterfinals, won by Cornell 1-0-1.  However,
Cornell and Clarkson did not play overtime, since the ECAC playoff
format provided for two games with a minigame but no overtime in the
first two games, and Cornell's win in the first game (5-3) meant they
only needed a tie to win the series.

I tried to find the last scoreless tie that went to overtime, but I
only have complete (or nearly complete) DivI composites back through
1986-87, and there were none since then.  It would be interesting to
know, if anyone has it on hand,

* Last scoreless overtime tie
* Last regular season tie

I figure they will both be the same, but I'm not sure when overtime
was introduced in college, so I can't be sure.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<< Color Voice of the (14-15-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>