ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:19:59 EST
Hello, all!

I completely agree with Wayne.  I wonder if we could do a poll of fans as
they come through the door.  I know of quite a few who come from Aroostook
(who also skulk in the shadows on this list), and Portland.  Dan & Lindsay
come from the Boston area.  This Friday, we are giving tickets to friends
from Dixfield, a two hour drive.

However, I also believe that the team, to some degree or another, is affected
when half the crowd leaves during the third, regardless of the score.  I
think this attitude is part and parcel of the blase attitude of many fans.
They do not feel that the team needs them.  Believe me, they do.  They
notice, because they count on the atmosphere of the Alfond to help sustain
the effort to win.  Some games it might not matter much, but some games it is
a huge help.  By all means, send the letter.  Sometimes people just need to
be reminded, and a little prickle in their conscience just might make the
difference!

Also, maybe I am a picky bitch, but if you are going to send that letter to
the BDN, please clean up the grammar and spelling.  UMaine students should
know how to write by the time they get there, and your letter is disjointed
and full of those kind of errors.  I hate to see our wonderful students,
which you represent by virtue of your being one, shown to be incapable of
writing a simple letter of complaint or encouragement.

GO MAINE!

Cathy Hart