Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - NETANN-L Archives - LISTS.MAINE.EDU

NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

- NETANN-L - UNET Network Announcement List

Lucas Wood..
Thu, 18 Jul 2024 13:27:53 +0000
Where: Houlton Center
Start: 07/21/2024 05:00 am
End: 07/21/2024 10:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Sites

UMS:
Houlton Center

MSLN:
Cary Library
Danforth Public Library
Houlton HS
Maine Applied Technology Region 02 (SATC)

All other northern maine sites should fail over to alternative paths during the window.

[More ...]
Show Replies 249 Replies
<>
Tue, 16 Jul 2024 15:15:32 +0000
Where: System-wide
Start: 07/21/2024 05:00 am
End: 07/21/2024 01:00 pm
Scope: Eduroam and MaineEDU-Guest Wireless Service

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 248 Replies
Irelann Anderson
Fri, 12 Jul 2024 12:20:28 -0400
Starting at 6AM on Sunday July 14th. We will apply updates to and restart
two of our LDAP servers. The affected machines are:

Machine Name

Aliases

Notes

lv-o-ldap-b2.its.maine.edu

ldap-bulk.its.maine.edu ldap-b.its.maine.edu

Replica for bulk use

lv-p-ldap-2.its.maine.edu

ldap-2.its.maine.edu ldap.its.maine.edu

Replica for general use
Note: Please refer to these LDAP servers by their aliases, not the machine
names when using them. The machine names are subject to change, but we
will make sure the aliases point to an appropriate machine.

[More ...]
Show Replies 246 Replies
<>
Tue, 9 Jul 2024 16:58:21 +0000
Where: VPN Services
Start: 07/10/2024 05:00 am
End: 07/10/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Remote Access and Restricted VPN

Software updates that require a brief service disruption will be applied across VPN clusters. Disruption is expected to be brief but will occur several times during the window.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 244 Replies
<>
Mon, 1 Jul 2024 19:59:10 +0000
Where: UMF
Start: 07/03/2024 05:00 am
End: 07/03/2024 07:00 am
Scope: 149 Quebec St

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 241 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Mon, 1 Jul 2024 13:53:29 +0000
Where: Ellsworth
Start: 07/02/2024 10:00 pm
End: 07/03/2024 03:00 am
Scope: Emergency Mainetenance: MaineREN Sites

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 240 Replies
Ken Grindle
Tue, 25 Jun 2024 10:12:32 -0400
*Change Management Notification*

*What is Happening?*

Wednesday 6/26/2024, at 5:00 AM, the new NetApp nodes will take over the
primary function of serving data for the cluster. The old nodes and drives
will be removed and decommissioned from service. This process is
non-disruptive.

*Why is This Work Necessary?*

This is the final step in the migration process to our new storage system,
ensuring data integrity and ongoing support from our vendor.

[More ...]
Show Replies 236 Replies
<>
Tue, 25 Jun 2024 11:53:36 +0000
Where: UMS Systemwide Contact Center
Start: 07/14/2024 12:00 am
End: 07/14/2024 10:00 am
Scope: UMS CCX/Finesse, call queues

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 235 Replies
<>
Mon, 24 Jun 2024 17:43:27 +0000
Where: USM-Portland
Start: 06/26/2024 05:00 am
End: 06/26/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Internet connectivity - Wishcamper

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 234 Replies
<>
Thu, 20 Jun 2024 16:09:26 +0000
Where: VPN Services
Start: 06/23/2024 05:00 am
End: 06/23/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Remote Access and Restricted VPN

Software updates that require a brief service disruption will be applied across VPN clusters. Disruption is expected to be brief but will occur several times during the window.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 233 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Fri, 7 Jun 2024 13:58:08 +0000
Where: Waterville
Start: 06/09/2024 05:00 am
End: 06/09/2024 10:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Sites

The following sites will see a brief period of down time:

MSLN:
Albert Church Brown Memorial Library
China MS
Messalonskee HS
Waterville HS
Waterville Public Library
Winslow HS

MUNICIPAL:
Waterville City Hall

HIGHER EDUCATION:
Colby College

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

[More ...]
Show Replies 231 Replies
<>
Wed, 5 Jun 2024 14:27:42 +0000
Where: Portland Data Center
Start: 06/09/2024 05:00 am
End: 06/09/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Firewall Services

Firewall services will be migrated to new hardware. Most services should remain available during the migration. Any service disruption is expected to be brief.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 230 Replies
<>
Wed, 29 May 2024 14:10:23 +0000
Where: UMS Systemwide
Start: 06/23/2024 12:00 am
End: 06/23/2024 10:00 am
Scope: UMS Voicemail

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 229 Replies
Drew Northup
Tue, 28 May 2024 17:03:04 -0400
*What is happening?*
Starting at 5:30 Tuesday afternoon we will be fixing errors that are
restricting access to mail.msln.net (lv-o-msln-mail) and then will reboot
it.

mail.msln.net provides mailboxes, web mail and mail relay for many MSLN sites.
During this maintenance these will be briefly unavailable.

*How long will it take?*
We expect the service to take less than 30 minutes.

[More ...]
Show Replies 226 Replies
<>
Mon, 27 May 2024 16:14:56 +0000
Where: USM - Gorham
Start: 05/29/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/29/2024 07:00 am
Scope: 51 College Ave

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 225 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Wed, 22 May 2024 14:37:02 +0000
Where: Lebanon, NH
Start: 05/23/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/23/2024 07:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Sites

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 223 Replies
Ken Grindle
Mon, 20 May 2024 14:59:42 -0400
Ken Grindle
Director Of Data Center Operation
University of Maine System
(207) 581-3556

The date of this work is Tuesday 5/21

On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 2:58 PM Ken Grindle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> *What is happening?*
>
> The Data Center Operations team will be replacing a failed mainboard in
> the Netapp storage system. This should be a non-service affecting event.
>

> *When? / How long will it take? *
>
> We will start at 5am with an expected time of 2 hours.
>

> *What happens if the work is not successful? *

[More ...]
Show Replies 220 Replies
Ken Grindle
Mon, 20 May 2024 14:58:03 -0400
*What is happening?*

The Data Center Operations team will be replacing a failed mainboard in the
Netapp storage system. This should be a non-service affecting event.

*When? / How long will it take? *

We will start at 5am with an expected time of 2 hours.

*What happens if the work is not successful? *

[More ...]
Show Replies 219 Replies
<>
Mon, 20 May 2024 18:37:14 +0000
Where: USM-Portland-Exeter/Deering St
Start: 05/22/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/22/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Exeter St and Deering St Connectivity

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 218 Replies
<>
Mon, 20 May 2024 10:00:00 +0000
Where: Data Centers - Orono, Portland
Start: 05/22/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/22/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Firewall Services

Data Center firewalls will be upgraded. Firewalls are in redundant pairs and service impact is expected to be minimal.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 217 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Wed, 15 May 2024 18:00:32 +0000
Where: Orono
Start: 05/19/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/19/2024 09:00 am
Scope: Optical Node

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 215 Replies
Ken Grindle
Tue, 14 May 2024 12:17:54 -0400
*Change Management Notification*

*What is Happening?*

On Wednesday, May 15th, 2024, UMS:IT Data Center Operations Staff will
initiate a data migration from our current aging Netapp storage system to a
new platform. This process will occur in the background and is expected to
take between 2 to 4 weeks for completion. We will provide another update
upon final cutover and completion of this migration.

[More ...]
Show Replies 214 Replies
<>
Tue, 14 May 2024 13:19:41 +0000
Where: System-Wide
Start: 05/19/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/19/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Campus Firewall Services

Campus firewalls will be upgraded. Minimal service disruption is expected as firewalls are in redundant pairs.

This is a minor security update to address CVE-2024-2961.

This will impact services at:

University of Maine
University of Maine Machias Campus
Darling Marine Center
University of Southern Maine
University of Southern Maine Gorham Campus
Lewiston Auburn Center
University of Maine at Farmington
University of Maine at Augusta
University of Maine at Augusta Bangor Campus
Rumford Center
Rockland Center
Ellsworth Center
Brunswick Center
Brunswick Naval Air Station
East Millinocket

[More ...]
Show Replies 213 Replies
<>
Tue, 14 May 2024 13:05:57 +0000
Where: Guest Wireless
Start: 05/15/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/15/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Firewall Services

A software update will be applied to firewalls servicing Guest Wireless.

Service disruption is expected to be minimal as firewalls are in redundant pairs.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 212 Replies
Networkmaine
Mon, 13 May 2024 10:29:15 -0400
A fiber break between Augusta and Waterville caused a momentary service
outage for a portion of users on the UMS and MSLN network this morning at
approximately 9:15am. Network services failed over to and are currently
running on alternate paths. The cause of the break is still under
investigation, however no additional service interruptions are anticipated
at this time. Updates will be provided when available.

[More ...]
Show Replies 211 Replies
Irelann Anderson
Thu, 9 May 2024 09:34:08 -0400
*What is happening?*
Starting at 6AM on Sunday May 12th. We will apply updates to and restart o
<http://nameo.its.maine.edu/>ur LDAP servers. We will also take this
opportunity to defragment the LDAP databases. The affected machines are:

Machine Name Aliases Notes
lv-o-ldap-m.its.maine.edu ldap-primary.its.maine.edu
ldap-m.its.maine.edu Primary
lv-o-ldap-b2.its.maine.edu ldap-bulk.its.maine.edu ldap-b.its.maine.edu Replica
for bulk use
lv-o-ldap-1.its.maine.edu ldap-1.its.maine.edu ldap.its.maine.edu Replica
for general use
lv-p-ldap-2.its.maine.edu ldap-2.its.maine.edu ldap.its.maine.edu Replica
for general use
lv-o-nameo.its.maine.edu nameo.its.maine.edu Deprecated, please use ldap-
1.its.maine.edu or ldap.its.maine.edu
lv-p-namep.its.maine.edu namep.its.maine.edu Deprecated, please use ldap-
2.its.maine.edu or ldap.its.maine.edu
Note: Please refer to these LDAP servers by their aliases, not the machine
names when using them.

[More ...]
Show Replies 208 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Wed, 8 May 2024 18:45:43 +0000
Where: Lawrence, MA
Start: 05/11/2024 01:00 am
End: 05/11/2024 06:00 am
Scope: External Connectivity

[More ...]
Show Replies 207 Replies
<>
Mon, 6 May 2024 18:22:46 +0000
Where: Ellsworth POP
Start: 05/08/2024 05:00 am
End: 05/08/2024 07:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Sites

UMS:
Ellsworth Center
University of Maine Machias
Washington County Coop Ext

MSLN:
Calais Day Treatment / Alternative Ed Program
Calais ES
Calais Free Library
Calais HS
Danforth Public Library
East Grand School
Ella Lewis School
Elm Street ES - East Machias
Franklin Library
Gallison Memorial Library
Harrington ES
Henry D Moore Library
Jesup Memorial

[More ...]
Show Replies 205 Replies
<>
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:44:45 +0000
Where: Umaine Farmington Campu
Start: 04/28/2024 05:00 am
End: 04/28/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Entire Campus

We do not expect any downtime from this replacement.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 203 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:07:19 +0000
Where: Ellsworth
Start: 04/21/2024 05:00 am
End: 04/21/2024 10:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Sites

UMS:
Ellsworth Center
University of Maine Machias
Washington County Coop Ext

MSLN:
Calais Day Treatment / Alternative Ed Program
Calais ES
Calais Free Library
Calais HS
Danforth Public Library
East Grand School
Ella Lewis School
Elm Street ES - East Machias
Franklin Library
Gallison Memorial Library
Harrington ES
Henry D Moore Library
Jesup Memorial Library

[More ...]
Show Replies 201 Replies
<>
Mon, 8 Apr 2024 20:37:31 +0000
Where: UMA,UMA-B,USM,UMM,UM
Start: 04/10/2024 05:00 am
End: 04/10/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Campus LAN

cat-a-civic-bdf1.net.maine.edu
cat-a-civic-bdf2.net.maine.edu
cat-a-rsc-idfc1.net.maine.edu
cat-a-rsc-idfc2.net.maine.edu
cat-b-camden-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-bailey-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-m-kilburn-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-m-reynolds-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-fernald-bdf1.net.maine.edu
cat-o-fogler-idfg.net.maine.edu
cat-o-global-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-winslow-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-winslow-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-120bedford-bdf.net.maine.edu

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 199 Replies
<>
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:34:50 +0000
Where: UMA Stevens,Erskine,Cleveland
Start: 04/05/2024 05:00 am
End: 04/05/2024 07:00 am
Scope: LAN/WLAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 196 Replies
<>
Thu, 4 Apr 2024 19:32:25 +0000
Where: UMPI
Start: 04/07/2024 05:00 am
End: 04/07/2024 07:00 am
Scope: UMPI Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 195 Replies
Jason McDonald
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 13:57:47 -0400
Where: USM, UMM
Start: 03/31/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/31/2024 08:00 am
Scope: Wireless

Details:

Networkmaine Contact Info during the window for this work:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 190 Replies
<>
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:48:40 +0000
Where: UMA, UMFK
Start: 03/27/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/27/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 189 Replies
<>
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:40:48 +0000
Where: Orono Data Center
Start: 03/27/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/27/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Firewall Services

A series of firewall changes will be applied to help alleviate resource contention that was the cause of a service outage discovered at 4:00 AM today as a near-term fix ahead of larger upgrade efforts later this spring (TBD).

[More ...]
Show Replies 188 Replies
Jason McDonald
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:50:19 -0400
Where: UMF
Start: 03/26/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/26/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Wireless

contains a fix for a bug we may be encountering on a small number of APs
where clients are unable to associate to a WPA2 SSID (e.g. eduroam). APs
will reload in a staggered fashion but buildings with only 1 AP will
experience about 6 minutes of downtime.

[More ...]
Show Replies 183 Replies
Jason McDonald
Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:30:19 -0400
Where: UM
Start: 03/24/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/24/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info during the window for this work:
NOC 581-3587
Show Replies 180 Replies
Networkmaine
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 07:45:12 -0400
There is currently an outage of network services for sites connecting to
our Belfast equipment due to an extended power outage at that location.
This includes the Rockland Center, as well as a number of schools and
libraries. Work to engage backup power to restore services is under way.
Updates will be provided as available.
Show Replies 176 Replies
<>
Wed, 20 Mar 2024 17:50:16 +0000
Where: USM-Portland-Exeter/Deering St
Start: 03/24/2024 07:00 am
End: 03/24/2024 10:00 am
Scope: Exeter St and Deering St Connectivity

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 175 Replies
<>
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 16:00:13 +0000
Where: Remote Access VPN
Start: 03/20/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/20/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Software Updates

A series of software updates for the Remote Access VPN will be applied across the cluster.

Service disruptions are expected to be brief, and clients should be able to reconnect to alternate service nodes as rolling upgrades are applied.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

[More ...]
Show Replies 169 Replies
Jason McDonald
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:04:55 -0400
Where: UMA
Start: 03/20/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/20/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Wireless

APs

Networkmaine Contact Info during the window for this work:
NOC 581-3587
Show Replies 168 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:25:34 +0000
Where: Augusta
Start: 03/20/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/20/2024 07:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Sites

Capitol Area Technical Center
MPBN Emergency Alerts

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 167 Replies
Jason McDonald
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 12:05:36 -0400
Where: UMF
Start: 03/17/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/17/2024 08:00 am
Scope: Wireless

APs

Networkmaine Contact Info during the window for this work:
NOC 581-3587
Show Replies 163 Replies
Lucas Wood..
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 12:49:15 +0000
Where: Belfast
Start: 03/17/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/17/2024 09:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Sites

UMS:
Belfast Hutchinson Center
Rockland Center

Research:
Jackson Labs (Connecticut Link)

MSLN:
Belfast Area HS
Belfast Area HS Alternative School (BCOPE)
Belfast Free Library
Buck Memorial Library
Bucksport Rural Alternative HS
Bucksport SR HS
Camden Hills Regional HS
Camden Public Library
Camden Rockport ES
Camden Rockport MS
Captain Albert Stevens ES
Carver Memorial Library
Childrens House Montessori School
East Belfast School
Edna Drinkwater School
Northeast Historical Film,

[More ...]
Show Replies 162 Replies
Jason McDonald
Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:19:04 -0400
Where: System-wide
Start: 03/17/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/17/2024 08:00 am
Scope: Eduroam and MaineEDU-Guest Wireless

MaineEDU-Guest will be patched to support AES for active directory netlogon
requests.

Networkmaine Contact Info during the window for this work:
NOC 581-3587
Show Replies 161 Replies
<>
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 14:21:33 +0000
Where: Belfast POP (Hutchinson Center)
Start: 03/13/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/13/2024 07:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Optical Network

Service will be affected by this, but is expected to restore by 7:00 AM at the latest.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 159 Replies
Networkmaine
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 08:31:19 -0400
We are seeing intermittent connectivity to Google this morning, causing
problems connecting to Google resources such as mail, chat, and drive. The
cause appears to be on Google's side of our peering connection to them. We
are looking in to workarounds currently, and will provide an update when
available.
Show Replies 157 Replies
<>
Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:45:07 +0000
Where: Orono Datacenter
Start: 03/10/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/10/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Netapp Environment

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
2075813525
Show Replies 155 Replies
Networkmaine
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 13:58:22 -0500
There is currently a partial power outage in the Orono Datacenter. Most
systems in the datacenter are redundant and resilient to this type of
issue, however there may be some transient instability as affected systems
fail over. In particular you may need to reconnect to the VPN service if
you recently lost your connection. Work is currently under way to address
the power outage, and further updates will be provided as available.

[More ...]
Show Replies 153 Replies
Networkmaine
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:35:06 -0500
The Orono campus is currently experiencing network instability, including
regional outages on south campus, due to a hardware problem triggered by
power outages earlier in the day. Work to restore is currently
underway and we expect service to be restored shortly. More updates will
be provided soon.
Show Replies 149 Replies
<>
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 17:23:05 +0000
Where: USM Datacenter
Start: 03/06/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/06/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Netapp Environment

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
2075813525
Show Replies 148 Replies
<>
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 14:13:15 +0000
Where: UM
Start: 03/03/2024 05:00 am
End: 03/03/2024 08:00 am
Scope: UM LAN/WLAN

cat-o-fieldhockey-bdf2.net.maine.edu
cat-o-steamshop-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-baseball-concessions.net.maine.edu
cat-o-fieldhockey-bdf1.net.maine.edu
cat-o-fogler-annex-server.net.maine.edu
cat-o-heat-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-stadium-concessions.net.maine.edu
cat-o-arena-sectioncc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-aroostook-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascctrailer-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-baseball-club.net.maine.edu
cat-o-carnegie-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-cca-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-colvin-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-colvin-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-crossland-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-cumberland-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-idfa.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-engannex-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-envsci-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-gannett-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hancock-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-kennebec-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-maine-bound-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-oak-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-observatory-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-patch-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-penobscot-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-shibles-server.net.maine.edu
cat-o-softball-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-union-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-upark-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-yorkvillage1-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-zillman-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-buchanan-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-buchanan-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-buchanan-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-buchanan-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-innovation-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-murray-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-sawyer-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-server.net.maine.edu
cat-o-neville-dc513.net.maine.edu
cat-o-neville-server.net.maine.edu
cat-o-1944-cca-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-1944-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-1944-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-androscoggin-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-arena-rm306m.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascc-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascc-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascc-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-balentine-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-boudreau-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-center-stevens-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-deering-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-deering-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-deering-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dpc-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dpc-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hart-bdf1.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-jenness-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-knox-bdf.net.maine.edu

[More ...]
Show Replies 147 Replies
<>
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:29:54 +0000
Where: Bethel POP (Gould Academy)
Start: 02/25/2024 05:00 am
End: 02/25/2024 07:00 am
Scope: MaineREN Optical Network

We don’t expect any disruption in service due to this work, but if any disruption does occur we expect it to be brief as traffic will revert to alternate paths.

[More ...]
Show Replies 145 Replies
<>
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:23:34 +0000
Where: UMFK
Start: 02/21/2024 04:00 am
End: 02/21/2024 07:00 am
Scope: UMFK LAN/WLAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 143 Replies
Jason McDonald
Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:42:40 -0500
Where: UMF
Start: 02/14/2024 05:00 am
End: 02/14/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Look House

_severely_ out of date version compared with the rest of the system.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 141 Replies
Irelann Anderson
Fri, 2 Feb 2024 11:48:58 -0500
*What is happening?*
Starting at 6AM on Sunday February 4th. We will apply updates to and
[...]

Show Replies 139 Replies
Networkmaine
Mon, 29 Jan 2024 09:22:27 -0500
We are currently investigating an issue impacting the eduroam wireless
network and secured wired networks on University campuses which is causing
slow or reduced speeds. More information will be provided when available.

Thank you.
Show Replies 137 Replies
<>
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 13:06:41 +0000
Where: Orono Campus
Start: 01/28/2024 05:00 am
End: 01/28/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Network Firewall Services

Minor software updates will be applied to Orono campus firewall services.

This will primarily impact eduroam wireless and secure campus networks for the Orono campus.

Minimal service disruption of less than 30 seconds is expected as firewalls are in resilient pairs and will be upgraded in sequence.

[More ...]
Show Replies 134 Replies
Networkmaine
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:00:55 -0500
We are currently investigating a packet loss issue that started at
approximately 1:30pm today, impacting UMFK, UMPI, and UMM. An optical path
issue is suspected and we are currently engaging our optical support
channels to investigate that. At present we do not have an ETA for
repair. More information will be provided when available.

[More ...]
Show Replies 130 Replies
<>
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 15:00:53 +0000
Where: Correction - Guest Wireless Service
Start: 01/21/2024 05:00 am
End: 01/21/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Guest Wireless Service, System-Wide

Correction:

Maintenance will be concluded on the 21st rather than the 28th.

Firewall firmware upgrades for guest wireless service.

The firewalls being upgraded are in redundant pairs and minimal service disruption is expected during this maintenance event.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

[More ...]
Show Replies 129 Replies
<>
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:58:47 +0000
Where: Guest Wireless Service
Start: 01/21/2024 05:00 am
End: 01/28/2024 07:00 am
Scope: Guest Wireless Service, System-Wide

Firewall firmware upgrades for guest wireless service.

The firewalls being upgraded are in redundant pairs and minimal service disruption is expected during this maintenance event.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 128 Replies
<>
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 21:57:12 +0000
Where: UM
Start: 01/18/2024 05:00 am
End: 01/18/2024 07:00 am
Scope: UM Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 127 Replies
<>
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 20:30:56 +0000
Where: System-wide
Start: 01/14/2024 04:00 am
End: 01/14/2024 12:00 pm
Scope: Eduroam and MaineEDU-Guest Wireless Service

Since the upgrade will be performed in a rolling fashion across multiple servers, there should be minimal downtime.

[More ...]
Show Replies 125 Replies
<>
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 20:42:19 +0000
Where: Maintenance on a fiber span between Plymouth NH and Hanover NH
Start: 01/25/2024 12:01 am
End: 01/25/2024 05:00 am
Scope: Should not be service impacting. Traffic will switch to redundant paths.

[More ...]
Show Replies 124 Replies
<>
Fri, 5 Jan 2024 14:40:15 +0000
Where: UMF,UMM,UMA
Start: 01/07/2024 05:00 am
End: 01/07/2024 08:00 am
Scope: Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 122 Replies
DCO
Tue, 2 Jan 2024 09:16:45 -0500
What is happening?

Final network uplink connections will be made for new Cisco UCS compute
hardware located in the Orono data center. This involves
physically completing the UCS fabric interconnect uplink connections to the
Orono data center Nexus fabric. No impact is expected.

When? / How long will it take?

The physical connections will be made at approximately 7:00 AM on 1/4/24
and should only take several minutes to complete, afterwhich connectivity
will be verified.

[More ...]
Show Replies 120 Replies
<>
Wed, 27 Dec 2023 17:06:36 +0000
Where: UMPI
Start: 12/31/2023 05:00 am
End: 12/31/2023 07:00 am
Scope: UMPI Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 117 Replies
<>
Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:59:44 +0000
Where: UMaine Orono Campus
Start: 12/13/2023 05:00 am
End: 12/13/2023 07:00 am
Scope: ASCC Building

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 115 Replies
<>
Mon, 11 Dec 2023 13:58:42 +0000
Where: LAC - 2nd Floor
Start: 12/15/2023 08:00 am
End: 12/15/2023 04:00 pm
Scope: Internet connectivity - 2nd floor of the old wing

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 114 Replies
<>
Fri, 8 Dec 2023 14:50:37 +0000
Where: UMF - Lookhouse and Facilites buildings
Start: 12/13/2023 05:00 pm
End: 12/13/2023 10:00 pm
Scope: Internet connectivity - Lookhouse/Facilities

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 112 Replies
<>
Fri, 8 Dec 2023 14:29:43 +0000
Where: Portland Data Center
Start: 12/10/2023 05:00 am
End: 12/10/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Network Addition

This should be a no impact event.

Additional network will be created in Portland DC involving provisioning changes across infrastructure that should be restricted to a maintenance window.

No disruption of service is expected.

Systems at risk of disruption are limited to the Portland Data Center.

[More ...]
Show Replies 111 Replies
<>
Wed, 6 Dec 2023 20:52:55 +0000
Where: UMS Systemwide
Start: 01/07/2024 12:00 am
End: 01/07/2024 10:00 am
Scope: All UMS phone services

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 110 Replies
<>
Wed, 6 Dec 2023 20:44:50 +0000
Where: UMS Systemwide
Start: 12/31/2023 12:00 am
End: 12/31/2023 10:00 am
Scope: UMS Voicemail

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 109 Replies
<>
Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:11:59 +0000
Where: UMaine Orono Campus
Start: 12/06/2023 05:00 am
End: 12/06/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Cutler Health

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 108 Replies
<>
Fri, 1 Dec 2023 12:21:36 +0000
Where: UM,UMF
Start: 12/03/2023 05:00 am
End: 12/03/2023 10:00 am
Scope: Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 106 Replies
<>
Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:47:40 +0000
Where: USM
Start: 11/22/2023 05:00 am
End: 11/22/2023 07:00 am
Scope: USM Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 103 Replies
<>
Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:30:29 +0000
Where: UMaine Orono Campus
Start: 11/22/2023 05:00 am
End: 11/22/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Buchanan Alumni House

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 102 Replies
<>
Thu, 16 Nov 2023 17:35:18 +0000
Where: Orono Data Center
Start: 11/19/2023 05:00 am
End: 11/19/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Development Area Network

Network provisioning changes to support the addition of a new data center zone will be applied.

These changes are not expected to be service impacting.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 99 Replies
Irelann Anderson
Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:03:32 -0500
The primary LDAP server has problems with its database requiring that it be
shut down and its database compacted. This should take about 15
minutes. During this time LDAP will continue to function on the replica
servers, but no changes will be made. The major impact of this is that
password changes will not be reflected until after this emergency
maintenance is completed.

[More ...]
Show Replies 96 Replies
Irelann Anderson
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:32:01 -0500
*What is happening?*
Starting at 6AM on Sunday November 19th. We will apply updates to and
restart o <http://nameo.its.maine.edu/>ur LDAP servers. We will also take
this opportunity to defragment the LDAP databases. The affected machines
are:

Machine Name Aliases Notes
lv-o-ldap-m.its.maine.edu <http://lc-o-ldap-m.its.maine.edu/> ldap
-primary.its.maine.edu
ldap-m.its.maine.edu Primary
lv-o-ldap-b2.its.maine.edu ldap-bulk.its.maine.edu ldap-b.its.maine.edu
<http://ldap-bulk.its.maine.edu/> Replica for bulk use
lv-o-ldap-1.its.maine.edu ldap-1.its.maine.edu ldap.its.maine.edu Replica
for general use
lv-p-ldap-2.its.maine.edu ldap-2.its.maine.edu ldap.its.maine.edu
<http://ldap-2.its.maine.edu/> Replica for general use
lv-o-nameo.its.maine.edu nameo.its.maine.edu Legacy, please use ldap
-1.its.maine.edu or ldap.its.maine.edu
lv-p-namep.its.maine.edu namep.its.maine.edu Legacy, please use ldap
-2.its.maine.edu or ldap.its.maine.edu
Note: Please refer to these LDAP servers by their aliases, not the machine

[More ...]
Show Replies 95 Replies
<>
Tue, 24 Oct 2023 19:16:50 +0000
Where: UMM
Start: 10/29/2023 12:00 am
End: 10/29/2023 10:00 am
Scope: UMM campus phones

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 93 Replies
<>
Fri, 20 Oct 2023 13:06:07 +0000
Where: UM
Start: 10/22/2023 07:00 am
End: 10/22/2023 10:00 am
Scope: Keyo

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 91 Replies
<>
Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:03:41 +0000
Where: UMaine Orono Campus
Start: 10/15/2023 05:00 am
End: 10/15/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Stodder Hall

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 86 Replies
<>
Thu, 12 Oct 2023 11:21:31 +0000
Where: UMS Systemwide
Start: 10/18/2023 05:00 am
End: 10/18/2023 07:00 am
Scope: UMS Outgoing telephony service

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 85 Replies
<>
Tue, 10 Oct 2023 20:27:52 +0000
Where: USM Datacenter
Start: 10/11/2023 08:00 am
End: 10/11/2023 03:00 pm
Scope: Netapp Environment

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
2075813525
Show Replies 82 Replies
<>
Tue, 10 Oct 2023 19:05:06 +0000
Where: USM
Start: 10/15/2023 05:00 am
End: 10/15/2023 08:00 am
Scope: USM LAN

cat-g-134school-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-140school-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-51college-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-62school-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-7college-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-bailey-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-g-brooks-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-corthell-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-costello-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-costello-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-g-costello-idfe.net.maine.edu
cat-g-facilities-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-farmhouse-barn-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-farmhouse-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-president-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-russell-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-g-upton-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-102bedford-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-106bedford-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-126bedford-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-167fore-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-222deering-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-228deering-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-300fore-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-300fore-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-p-300fore-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-p-300fore-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-p-300fore-idfe.net.maine.edu
cat-p-39exeter-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-45exeter-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-47exeter-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-49exeter-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-55exeter-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-59exeter-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-65exeter-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-92bedford-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-94bedford-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-98bedford-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-abromson-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-abromson-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-p-abromson-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-p-commons-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-commons-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-p-commons-idfe.net.maine.edu
cat-p-commons-idfg.net.maine.edu
cat-p-commons-idfh.net.maine.edu
cat-p-heat-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-library-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-library-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-p-library-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-p-luth-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-masterton-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-masterton-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-mcgoldrick-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-parking-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-payson-voice.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-idfa.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-idfe.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-idff.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-idfg.net.maine.edu
cat-p-science-server.net.maine.edu
cat-p-sullivan-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-p-sullivan-idf.net.maine.edu

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:

[More ...]
Show Replies 81 Replies
<>
Thu, 5 Oct 2023 13:38:19 +0000
Where: Portland
Start: 10/11/2023 05:00 am
End: 10/11/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Inbound phone service

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 80 Replies
<>
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 20:47:31 +0000
Where: UM Aubert
Start: 10/01/2023 05:00 am
End: 10/01/2023 08:00 am
Scope: Aubert LAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 75 Replies
<>
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:01:45 +0000
Where: Orono Datacenter
Start: 10/01/2023 05:00 am
End: 10/01/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Netapp Environment

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
2075813525
Show Replies 74 Replies
<>
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 22:49:48 +0000
Where: EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE - Orono Data Center
Start: 09/27/2023 08:00 pm
End: 09/27/2023 10:00 pm
Scope: Uplink Resiliency

One of two redundant fiber optic links servicing the Orono Data Center is showing indications of optical failure.

We will attempt to restore failing link during this emergency maintenance event.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 73 Replies
<>
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:55:33 +0000
Where: System-wide
Start: 10/01/2023 05:00 am
End: 10/01/2023 08:00 am
Scope: Eduroam/Guest Wireless Service

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 72 Replies
<>
Mon, 25 Sep 2023 19:55:26 +0000
Where: UMF
Start: 09/27/2023 05:00 am
End: 09/27/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 69 Replies
<>
Mon, 25 Sep 2023 17:45:56 +0000
Where: USM Datacenter
Start: 09/27/2023 05:00 am
End: 09/27/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Netapp Environment

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
2075813525
Show Replies 68 Replies
<>
Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:39:13 +0000
Where: UM, USM
Start: 09/24/2023 05:00 am
End: 09/24/2023 10:00 am
Scope: UM, USM Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 66 Replies
<>
Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:19:16 +0000
Where: USM Gorham
Start: 09/21/2023 05:00 am
End: 09/21/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Philippi LAN/WLAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 64 Replies
<>
Thu, 7 Sep 2023 18:28:17 +0000
Where: UM **Emergency Maintenance**
Start: 09/08/2023 05:00 am
End: 09/08/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Wireless

[More ...]
Show Replies 60 Replies
Todd Boynton
Wed, 6 Sep 2023 13:06:25 -0400
We have been made aware of issues with calls dropping or not being able to
be completed. This is due to a major service disruption within our
telephony provider's network due to a broken fiber span. There is
currently no ETA on a resolution. More information will be provided as it
becomes available.

Sorry for the inconvenience

[More ...]
Show Replies 59 Replies
<>
Tue, 5 Sep 2023 18:57:18 +0000
Where: LAC
Start: 09/13/2023 05:00 am
End: 09/13/2023 07:00 am
Scope: LAC LAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 58 Replies
Irelann Anderson
Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:54:42 -0400
*What is happening?*
Starting at 6AM on Sunday September 10th. We will apply updates to and
[...]

Show Replies 57 Replies
Todd Boynton
Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:49:31 -0400
We have been made aware that US Cellular calls to UMS phone numbers are
failing. Our telephony provider has been able to confirm that US Cellular
is currently dealing with an outage within their network. There is no ETA
available as to when this will be fixed. More information will be provided
when it is available.

[More ...]
Show Replies 55 Replies
<>
Thu, 24 Aug 2023 20:47:05 +0000
Where: UMM, UMPI
Start: 08/27/2023 06:00 am
End: 08/27/2023 08:00 am
Scope: UMM, UMPI Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 51 Replies
<>
Wed, 23 Aug 2023 17:59:54 +0000
Where: UMA
Start: 08/25/2023 05:00 am
End: 08/25/2023 07:00 am
Scope: UMA WLAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 50 Replies
<>
Wed, 23 Aug 2023 14:54:48 +0000
Where: Orono
Start: 08/27/2023 07:00 am
End: 08/27/2023 07:30 am
Scope:

There's no expected service impact from this. Secondary Internet2 service will take over for the brief time the circuit is down as it's moved.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

[More ...]
Show Replies 49 Replies
<>
Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:07:14 +0000
Where: UMF
Start: 08/23/2023 05:00 am
End: 08/23/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Low-Impact Campus Network Changes

IP network move to allow for new growth for VLAN 229 fm-card.

System Administrators please note the address change in any supporting systems:

Current prefix 10.8.96.97 (28)
New prefix 10.8.146.0 (24)

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 47 Replies
<>
Wed, 9 Aug 2023 20:43:07 +0000
Where: UM
Start: 08/13/2023 05:00 am
End: 08/13/2023 08:00 am
Scope: UM LAN

cat-o-1944-cca-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-1944-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-1944-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-20godfrey-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-alumni-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-alumni-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-alumni-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-androscoggin-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-arena-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-aroostook-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascc-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascc-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascc-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-ascctrailer-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-balentine-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-baseball-club.net.maine.edu
cat-o-boudreau-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-carnegie-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-cca-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-cca-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-cca-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-center-stevens-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-colvin-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-colvin-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-crossland-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-cumberland-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-deering-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-deering-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-deering-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dpc-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dpc-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-idfa.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dtav-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dunn-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dunn-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-dunn-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-eedc-av1.net.maine.edu
cat-o-eedc-av2.net.maine.edu
cat-o-eedc-av3.net.maine.edu
cat-o-engannex-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-envsci-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-estabrooke-server.net.maine.edu
cat-o-feedc-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-feedc-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-feedc-idfc1.net.maine.edu
cat-o-feedc-idfc2.net.maine.edu
cat-o-fogler-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-gannett-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hancock-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hart-bdf1.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-hitchner-idfd.net.maine.edu
cat-o-innovation-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-jenness-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-kennebec-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-keyo-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-knox-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-lengyel-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-lord-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-lord-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-lord-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-merrill-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-murray-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-neville-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-neville-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-o-neville-idfc.net.maine.edu
cat-o-neville-rm151.net.maine.edu
cat-o-neville-server.net.maine.edu
cat-o-normansmith-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-oak-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-o-observatory-bdf.net.maine.edu

[More ...]
Show Replies 45 Replies
<>
Mon, 7 Aug 2023 14:15:46 +0000
Where: UM, USM
Start: 08/09/2023 05:00 am
End: 08/09/2023 07:00 am
Scope: UM, USM Wireless

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 43 Replies
<>
Wed, 2 Aug 2023 20:52:51 +0000
Where: UMF
Start: 08/04/2023 05:00 am
End: 08/04/2023 07:00 am
Scope: UMF LAN

cat-f-fitness-center-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-admissions-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-mantor-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-scott-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-scott-idfb.net.maine.edu
cat-f-149quebec-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-merrill-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-olsen-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-preble-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-ferro-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-center-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-franklin-bdf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-olsen-idf.net.maine.edu
cat-f-scott-idfc.net.maine.edu

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 38 Replies
<>
Tue, 1 Aug 2023 21:02:31 +0000
Where: UM (Orono)
Start: 08/06/2023 05:00 am
End: 08/06/2023 09:00 am
Scope: UM Campus LAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 37 Replies
<>
Wed, 26 Jul 2023 09:09:50 +0000
Where: See maintenance summary
Start: 07/21/2023 11:59pm
End: 07/22/2023 07:00 am
Scope:

These events will begin at 11:59pm and extend through 7am.

Brief periods of WAN service disruption are expected to occur intermittently during these maintenance windows.

Should there be alterations to the schedule below, followup notice will be sent.

[More ...]
Show Replies 34 Replies
Garret Peirce
Sat, 22 Jul 2023 07:24:13 -0400
We are working to resolve a USM focused event that began at 3:14am.
This outage is impacting services at USM, Gorham , and the USM-DC.
Show Replies 31 Replies
<>
Fri, 21 Jul 2023 16:47:23 +0000
Where: See below
Start: 07/23/2023 06:00 am
End: 07/23/2023 07:00 am
Scope:

As MaineREN has other external connectivity paths, no great impact is expected save that noted for JAX.

Impacted services:
MaineREN_Cogent
MaineREN_NoX
MaineREN_MassIX
JAX-CT *this service will witness an outage
UNH_KEEN-MNCH
UNH_KEEN-LEBN
UVM_NoX
UVM_Cogent
UVM_MassIX
Dartmouth_NoX

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 30 Replies
<>
Mon, 17 Jul 2023 16:59:00 +0000
Where: Orono Data Center
Start: 07/19/2023 05:00 am
End: 07/19/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Firewall Services

Network Firewalls for the Orono Data Center will be upgraded to the latest release. This is a minor update to apply bug and security fixes.

Firewall services are redundant and will be upgraded in sequence but services may see a brief (3-30 sec) disruption in connectivity during the failover transition.

[More ...]
Show Replies 28 Replies
<>
Thu, 13 Jul 2023 15:38:38 +0000
Where: Durham
Start: 07/16/2023 07:00 am
End: 07/16/2023 08:00 am
Scope:

As MaineREN has other external connectivity, no impact to Internet/Internet2 is expected.

Impacted services:
Cogent
NoX
MassIX
JAX-CT *this service will witness an outage

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 24 Replies
<>
Thu, 13 Jul 2023 14:51:12 +0000
Where: Orono Datacenter
Start: 07/16/2023 05:00 am
End: 07/16/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Netapp Environment

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
2075813525
Show Replies 23 Replies
<>
Wed, 12 Jul 2023 11:54:32 +0000
Where: USM (Portland and Gorham campuses)
Start: 07/16/2023 05:00 am
End: 07/16/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Campus Firewall Upgrades

Campus firewalls will be upgraded to apply routine bug fix and security updates.

No extended loss of service is expected but users may notice brief disconnections during this maintenance window (typically 3 seconds or less).

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

[More ...]
Show Replies 22 Replies
<>
Tue, 11 Jul 2023 16:56:30 +0000
Where: UMM, UMF, UMA, UMPI, UMFK - Campus Firewall Upgrades
Start: 07/12/2023 05:00 am
End: 07/12/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Firewall Services

Campus firewall upgrades will be performed for the following:

UM (Machias and Darling Marine Center locations only)
UMF
UMA (Augusta, Bangor, and Centers)
UMPI
UMFK

This is a minor software update for routine bug fix and security updates.

Users may experience brief disruption of service during the maintenance window but are generally not expected to see loss of service for more than 3 seconds.

[More ...]
Show Replies 19 Replies
<>
Tue, 11 Jul 2023 15:16:19 +0000
Where: USM Datacenter
Start: 07/12/2023 05:00 am
End: 07/12/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Netapp Environment

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
2075813525
Show Replies 18 Replies
Irelann Anderson
Tue, 11 Jul 2023 10:47:56 -0400
*What is happening?*
Starting at 6AM on Sunday July 16th. We will apply updates to and restart o
[...]

Show Replies 17 Replies
<>
Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:52:20 +0000
Where: Orono Campus
Start: 07/09/2023 05:00 am
End: 07/09/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Firewall Services

Campus firewalls will be upgraded. This should be a low impact event as these units are in a redundant pair and will be upgraded in sequence.

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 16 Replies
<>
Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:53:39 +0000
Where: UM
Start: 06/25/2023 05:00 am
End: 06/25/2023 08:00 am
Scope: System-Wide

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 14 Replies
<>
Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:36:30 +0000
Where: Orono/Portland
Start: 06/07/2023 05:00 am
End: 06/07/2023 05:30 am
Scope: UMS CCX/Finesse, call queues

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 12 Replies
<>
Sat, 3 Jun 2023 02:43:46 +0000
Where: Orono
Start: 06/06/2023 9:00 pm
End: 06/07/2023 12:00 am
Scope: Unifi App

[More ...]
Show Replies 8 Replies
<>
Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:17:26 +0000
Where: UM
Start: 06/04/2023 06:00 am
End: 06/04/2023 08:00 am
Scope: UM Campus LAN

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 7 Replies
Drew Northup
Wed, 31 May 2023 18:09:02 -0400
*What is happening?*
On the morning of the 4th the CAS component of the Single Sign On (SSO)
stack will be updated to use the new LDAP servers which were promoted to
production in May.
Additionally, maintenance will be performed on the Single Sign On system to
apply software updates.

*How long will it take?*
The downtime is expected to be 30 minutes or less.

[More ...]
Show Replies 6 Replies
<>
Wed, 31 May 2023 20:50:07 +0000
Where: USM
Start: 06/04/2023 06:00 am
End: 06/04/2023 07:00 am
Scope: Luther Bonney

Networkmaine Contact Info:
NOC 581-3587

Local/Campus Contact Info during this window of work:
NONE / Unknown at this time
Show Replies 5 Replies
<>
Thu, 25 May 2023 19:08:55 +0000
Where: EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE - UM campus "eduroam" network gateway
Start: 05/25/2023 10:00 pm
End: 05/25/2023 11:00 pm
Scope: SSID "eduroam" wireless for Orono campus

One of the redundant gateways for the eduroam wireless service has experienced hardware failure.

This maintenance event will upgrade both the primary and secondary gateway to a new hardware platform.

Users should experience minimal disruption during this maintenance event.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply