This list supports communication among library staff and others concerned with delivering library services in Maine.
Hide Table of Contents

Great resource for kids/folks caring for kids
Free Clancy
MHEC Update- Contract L50- Library Supplies and Archival Materials
Youth Services Vacancy at Bangor Public Library
Correction: OML Monday Map Lunch with Dr. Katherine Parker June 27th
Free Books and DVDs
OML Monday Map Lunch Talk with Dr. Katherine Parker
Free Maine books on the van
{Disarmed} We need bags!
Copyright Claims Board - CASE Act
Harland Eastman books up for grabs
Ink Cartridge-FREE
Congratulations to Librarian of the Year, Angie Herrick
Is anyone experiencing Sierra acting very slow?
CD case vendor
Censored Authors Speak - EveryLibrary
Auburn needs large bags
Great Program!
{Disarmed} Re: [MELIBS-L] Downlaodable/Cloud Library Payment
Recap of June 7 Statewide Zoom Meeting
Downlaodable/Cloud Library Payment
Missing Disc
Maine Contemporary Archives Tech Kits
Offers!
Funding for Maine Public Buildings Heating Efficiency
News to Share
Call For Proposals: Materials on the Move: Strategies for Delivery, Distribution, and Storage
Auburn Public Library "Book Around Town"
CLAIMED - Free Books
Anyone else get these calls?
Free Books
{Disarmed} RE: [MELIBS-L] Barcode Label Vendors
Thank you so very much!
Bowdoin College Reopening to the Public
converting vhs and other tapes
New title added to the MSL Professional Collection
{Disarmed} RE: [MELIBS-L] Purchasing DVDs
Purchasing DVDs
Barcode Label Vendors
Affordable Housing/ YR rental information sessions?
Read to a Therapy Dog
Anybody need bags?
Book Lovers by Emily Henry to give
I need a copy of a high school book selection policy.
Hear our words, see our thoughts vols. 2 & 3 have found a new home
Free Danielle Steele books
Vols. 2 and 3 of Hear our Words, See our Thoughts available
book sets
Northeastern Naturalist
gender neutral bathrooms
Assortment of items for free
Fire at Dike Newell School
Reposting for Circulation Assistant (Part-Time) Vacancy
Library Programming for Veterans
Last Call for Maine Ed 2050 chat with librarians
Book Lovers by Emily Henry - 2 bibs
Book Request: Six Crimson Cranes / Elizabeth Lim
Plea for bags at Springvale Library
American Flag in Libraries
TAKEN The Under Story by David McCann
"The investigator" has been claimed
Taken: plastic fish
FREE The Under Story by David McCann
Free: plastic fish and crocodile tchotchkes
Free copy of "The investigator" by John Sandford
NO DELIVERY MONDAY, JUNE 20TH - JUNETEENTH
TAKEN Unmarked Lowering Days
Three days left! Spring Council registration
LinkedIn Learning
New titles added to the MSL Professional Collection
{Disarmed} RE: Juneteenth events?
Juneteenth events?
Register by tomorrow for MALD! (Virtual or in person)
business use of library space
HP 951XL Cyan free
TAKEN Unmarked Silence by William Carpenter
Unmarked Silence by William Carpenter
Unmarked Lowering Days
materials challenge policies
Night always comes has gone to a new home
Free on the van
Flooring in the children's room
Juvenile book review
Cassette cases-free for van delivery
York School Department is hiring! Library Media Center Ed Tech
DVDs up for grabs!
{Disarmed} RE: [MELIBS-L] Foreign Language Books
ARC or ARRC or ARCC libraries?
Job opening at Thomas College Library
Long-it-transit item
Spreadsheet shared with you: "Books to Give Away"
ARPA Time Frame
Job Openings at Curtis for Substitute Library Assistants
Lost in library land
More worms!
Free Books TAKEN! Thank you everyone!
Invasive Plant Virtual Presentation
Foreign Language Books
Spreadsheet shared with you: "Books to Give Away"
GMRI resources for Summer Reading - Oceans!
A man of legend is taken!
FREE! Large Print
Delivery Services Presentation
One copy of "A man of legend" by Linda Broday-Large Print
Sharing a survey on behalf of ALA Public Programs Office
{Disarmed} Fwd: NELLS: Final Application Reminder
Paris Apartment books are claimed
2 copies of The Paris Apartment to give away
Help "In Medias Inventory!"
book to replace Lord of the Flies
Tuesday, June 7 – Statewide Meeting @3:15 pm
Reminder: NELLS applications due this Friday
NELLS Emerging Leaders program - app deadline is Friday!
Public Libraries: Last week to apply for PLA Digital Literacy Workshop Incentive
Book cart drill team debut on the 4th?
PA System
Librarians--Maine ED 2050 discussion
Photography exhibit
Spring Council registration and agenda
14-day stickers are now gone!
High Demand Hold Digest - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) edition
Playaway stickers
Ainsworth Scholarship announced
Free summer reading resources from some authors
Rice Public Library Reopening Saturday, June 4
Dystopian stickers are spoken for!
Middle Grade book review
Author visit to McArthur Library: Karen Odden
Free dystopian and 14-day stickers!
GONE: Recent books to offer
MLA Lost Item
Recent books to offer
Job Opening--Augusta School Department
Seeking Volunteer - digitizing yearbooks
New Book By Undercover Maine Game Warden
Assistant Director position open
{Disarmed} Maine Girls who Code Summer Camps!
Library Director Position at Joanne Waxman Library (MECA&D)
Mary Peverada
Worm programming is amazing
IRW Summer '22 Booklist & Book Giveaway
Digital Maine Library and CloudLibrary
a variety of free items...
Up for grabs: unused copies of books by Richard Ford
Orono Public Library all set for bags
ILL Bags needed
signing off
Lioness by Bohjalian
Goodall Library: Thank You Sen. King and Sen. Collins!
Bags and Packing Materials Needed at the South Portland Public Library
Orono Public Library needs bags
The Rockport Public Library needs bags
World Ocean's Day
Position Available in Augusta, Maine
MELIBS-L Digest - 22 Jun 2022 to 23 Jun 2022 (#2022-156)
[MELIBS-L] gender neutral bathrooms
Discovery Kits
EXTERNAL: [MELIBS-L] Juneteenth events?
[MELIBS-L] gender neutral bathrooms
Juneteenth
EXTERNAL: [MELIBS-L] Juneteenth events?
Assortment of items for free-- desk & cartridge still up for grabs
Active shooter training

Director
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 14:46:10 -0400
Hi:

I am on the State Literacy Team and this link was shared at a meeting last
week - the whole website is really great. Pass this link along, use it on
your Kids' website page, or however you deem fit:
https://www.raisingreaders.org/resources/parent-and-community-resources/

Best,
Kristen Budlong (she / her / hers)
Library Director
Bremen Library
Bremen, ME
No Replies
Lee Koenigs
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 14:35:56 -0400
Brand-new copy of *Tom Clancy’s Target Acquired * - van delivery library
please

Lee M. Koenigs

Library Director

Libby Memorial Library

MLA Small & Rural Library Group Chair

Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064

Show Replies 1 Reply
Clark, Deborah (Library)
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:10:55 +0000
Hello All, The MHEC (Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium) has renewed the L50 Library Supplies contract for 5 years until March 2027. They will, however, be able to add new vendors during the contract term.

Suppliers returning on the contract are:
DEMCO
The Library Store
Bibliotheca
Reliance Barcode Solutions (they announced they were closing after the contract was completed)

[More ...]
No Replies
Michele Brosseau
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 10:57:13 -0400
Do you know what's trending on Tik Tok? Can you name five read-alikes for A
Court of Thorns and Roses? Do you know the difference between chaotic
neutral and lawful good? If you answered yes to these questions, then we
have the job for you!

The Bangor Public Library is looking for a creative, outgoing, and
optimistic team member to serve the youth of the greater Bangor community
with an emphasis on Teen Services. The job posting is effective June 24th.
First review of applications begins on July 8th.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jessica Hovey
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:52:07 -0400
Apologies for re-posting, the Monday Map Lunch with Dr. Katherine Parker is Monday, June 27th, at 12:00 PM.

All are welcome to join the Osher Map Library and Smith Center for Cartographic Education for a conversation with Dr. Katherine Parker, on Monday, June 27th, at 12:00 PM. Dr. Parker will present the topic, "European Geographic Debates About the Pacific in the Mid-Eighteenth Century," to be followed by an informal Q&A moderated by Dr. Matthew Edney.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michelle Daigle
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:30:43 -0400
Free Books and DVDs to anyone on van delivery -

DVDs

-

Maidan directed by Sergei Loznitsa
-

Manon des Sources directed by Claude Berri

Books

-

Book of Hours Illuminations by Simon Marmion
-

ISBN: 0-87328-211-6
-

Illuminations by Bruce Kaduk
-

ISBN: 978-0-9621914-7-3
-

And So Man Dreams by Bruce Kaduk
-

ISBN: 0-9621914-1-8
-

Artist’s Proofs for “The Birds of America” by John James Audubon and
Robert Havell, Jr.
-

[More ...]
No Replies
Jessica Hovey
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:08:06 -0400
All are welcome to join the Osher Map Library and Smith Center for Cartographic Education for a conversation with Dr. Katherine Parker, on Monday, May 23, 2022, at 12:00 PM. Dr. Parker will present the topic, "European Geographic Debates About the Pacific in the Mid-Eighteenth Century," to be followed by an informal Q&A moderated by Dr. Matthew Edney.

[More ...]
No Replies
Sarah Treadwell
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:06:30 +0000
These books are free to any library on the van.

They are all 2021 publications, unmarked and related to Maine (topic or author).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DCIoAYQNLjtPooXJJmMMMdigVwtM1Nw2E_mvf2w31VQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thank You,

Sarah Treadwell

Cataloging & Special Collections

Brewer Public Library

100 South Main Street

Brewer, ME 04412

(207) 989 7943

Currently reading Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell.
No Replies
Michele Bertolini
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:02:53 -0400
Happy Thursday!

We have materials that can't make it home...please share any size bags you
have with us.

Thank you in advance.

Michele
No Replies
Sonya Durney
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 13:28:29 +0000
Greetings,

I am writing to make sure Maine libraries are aware of the new Copyright Claims Board (CCB).

The Copyright Claims Board opened for business Thursday, June 16. This is the mechanism established by the CASE Act<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CASE_Act> to field copyright infringement claims without having to go to federal court. While libraries and archives may opt-out of the process (opt-outs include library/archive employees’ activities during the course of their work), anyone who is found guilty through the CCB tribunal could face fines up to $30,000 per infringement.

[More ...]
No Replies
Library Director
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 17:29:51 -0400
Hi everyone, I have a copy of each of the following up for grabs:

Villages on the Mousam: Sanford and Springvale, Maine by Harland Eastman

A Cluster of Maine Villages: Sanford and Springvale, Acton, Shapleigh, and Alfred by Harland Eastman

Free to anyone on the van!

Isabel Turk
Director
Parsons Memorial Library
27 Saco Rd.
Alfred, ME. 04002
207-324-2001

[More ...]
No Replies
Jen Dupree
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 17:02:09 -0400
Anyone need a Brother LC 103 CL (magenta)?

Free to anyone on the van delivery!

Jen
No Replies
David Smith
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 18:14:44 +0000
A belated congratulations to Angie Herrick.

It’s in the books: Skowhegan library director receives top state award
https://www.centralmaine.com/2022/06/19/its-in-the-books-skowhegan-library-director-gets-top-state-award/

😊

David O. Smith
Associate Director of Library Services

180 W River Rd, Waterville, ME 04901
Show Replies 1 Reply
Joyce Garland
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:50:10 -0400
We are having issues with Sierra acting very slow this morning.

Joyce Garland
Director
Calais Free Library
9 Union Street
Calais, Maine
04619
207 454-2758
Show Replies 1 Reply
Joshua W. Gauthier
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 15:50:15 +0000
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help us out with a problem. The single and double capacity CD cases we were buying from Demco seem to have been discontinued, and we're having difficulty finding a replacement option.

Specifically, we're looking for cases that:

* Are single and double capacity for CDs

[More ...]
No Replies
David Smith
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 15:32:50 +0000
Hello,

If you have not already come across information on this upcoming event, I thought I would pass it along.

Censored Authors Speak: Fourth of July and the Freedom to Read
Wednesday June 29th at 8 PM, livestreaming on Facebook and YouTube.
"Join our panel of authors as they discuss how the rise in censorship and the increased suppression of ideas and perspectives of diverse authors intersects with our conception of America, and the rights and freedoms that are celebrated on July 4th."
https://www.everylibrary.org/cas2

[More ...]
No Replies
Beth Campbell
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 10:59:38 -0400
Hello!
Our large bag supply has been depleted here in Auburn, so if anyone has a
few to send our way, we'd appreciate it very much.
Thanks, Beth
No Replies
Lee McCartin
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 17:53:28 -0400
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to give everone a "heads"up on a great program we had last
saturday.
Liza Gardner Walsh (author and school librarian) from Camden visited
us and had the children enthralled with her "Fairy House Construction"
program. We had an overflowing crowd of kids that learned about
fairies, how to attract fairies, and explained to them the rules of
the forest. They all made their own fairy house out of wood, sticks,
and various items found in the woods.The adults loved it too! She is
highly recommended! You can find info on her website
lizagardnerwalsh.com.

[More ...]
No Replies
Searsmont Town Library
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 16:36:25 -0400
I don't believe we ever saw a bill for CloudLibrary services either.

Best,
Steven

Steven Brown
Library Director
Searsmont Town Library
37 Main St. South
Searsmont, ME [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
207 342 5549

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 4:32 PM Lesley Unger-Mochrie <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Cara,
>
> I, too, hope that I wasn't missed in the renewal process. My fiscal year
> end is in but 9 days and I'd like to fit it in before the year rolls over.
>
> Thanks to whomever can help!
>
> Lesley Unger
> Library Director
> Springvale Public

[More ...]
No Replies
McKenney, Janet
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 19:40:58 +0000
Recap of June 7 Statewide Zoom Meeting

The recording of the meeting is on the MSL webpage<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/Coronavirus.htm> and at the link below for your convenience.

https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/June72022_1535481692.mp4

Discussion Topics
Delivery Prices Increase
The new prices for Van Delivery for July1, 2022- June 30, 2023 have increased from $19.14 t0 $26.60 per stop for the MSL and University groups. Colby, Bates and Bowdoin will be increased to $30.00 per stop on their contracts with Freedom Xpress.
This is devasting to all budgets and we held a session at MLA to share the news with those attending and we can discuss at the

[More ...]
No Replies
Cara Sawyer
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 15:37:19 -0400
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the MaineInfonet paperwork/email has gone out for the
library subscriptions to CloudLibrary? I know we paid it back in May last
year but we haven't received any information about it this year. With the
amount of use this service gets from our patrons I would hate to lose it
due to miscommunication.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Wendy Brown
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 15:36:15 -0400
Hello beautiful Library people!

We received one of our DVD series back on the van today, but one of the two
discs is missing. The series is Brother and Sisters, Season 2. Disc one
is not in the case. I can't see where it came from, but if you remember
seeing it, and you recall who borrowed it, we'd love to get the disc back
in its case ;).

[More ...]
No Replies
Anna Faherty
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 15:28:01 -0400
Hi MELIBbers!

Thanks to all those of you who attended our workshop at MLA about the new
Technology Kits offered by the Maine Contemporary Archives. We wanted to
follow up with you about how to access the kits, and let you know who to
contact with questions. These kits can be used to collect stories and
materials that reflect the experiences of your community members, or for
other community-based digital humanities projects. The kits offer
organizations the opportunity to experiment with equipment they may not
have access to at their institutions. Here are the tech kits we have on
offer:

[More ...]
No Replies
Sue at Carver Library
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:56:10 -0400
Free to libraries on van delivery. Go!

Facts on File Library of World Literature books, circa 2008, in
nice condition.
Companion to the World Novel (2 volumes)
British Novel (2 vols),
American Novel. (3 vols.)
American Poetry (2 vols).

The Punisher graphic novels (paperback, ex-library, covers reinforced with
plastic)
vol.2 Army of One
vol. 3 Business as Usual
vol 5 Streets of Laredo

[More ...]
No Replies
Clark, Deborah (Library)
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 14:44:50 +0000
Hi All, Janet, Marijke, and I attended the Maine Climate Conference Friday and learned about a new state-funded program to help public buildings install energy-efficient heat pumps. Read more about it here:
https://www.mainepublic.org/environment-and-outdoors/2022-06-17/maine-schools-towns-get-new-incentives-to-upgrade-public-buildings-with-energy-efficient-heating

Applications will begin to be accepted Monday. To keep up on energy-saving programs, check out Efficiency Maine at https://www.efficiencymaine.com/

[More ...]
No Replies
Ritter, James
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 14:37:09 +0000
Good morning Maine library community -

I wanted to share with all of you that I have accepted an opportunity in Tennessee as the TN State Librarian and Archivist! I have family in TN and my wife and I, along with family, have been discussing a move to TN at some point in our future. When the former TN State Librarian announced his retirement, I applied for the job and just recently accepted the offer.

[More ...]
Show Replies 6 Replies
Jodie Borgerding
Mon, 20 Jun 2022 21:15:29 +0000
Courier and delivery. Shared remote storage. Floating collections. Redesigned resource sharing. The delivery and distribution of library materials continue to evolve as libraries maximize service and efficiency for users. Finding scalable solutions for storage and sharing of physical library resources requires rethinking collection development, reciprocal agreements, and long-term planning. This Amigos Library Services online conference will explore changes and trends in delivery, courier services, distribution, and storage of library materials. Amigos is now accepting presentation proposals for the September 8, 2022, online conference, "Materials on the Move: Strategies for Delivery, Distribution, and Storage."

[More ...]
No Replies
Mamie Anthoine Ney
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 17:22:26 -0400
Don't forget our annual Book Around Town fundraiser ends tomorrow.

https://www.auburnpubliclibrary.org/product/book-around-town-swag-bag-2022/

Have a good weekend.

Mamie

--

Mamie Anthoine Ney

Auburn Public Library

49 Spring St.

Auburn, ME 04210

207.333.6640 x 2020

www.auburnpubliclibrary.org
“The public library is where place and possibility meet.”
― Stuart Dybek
No Replies
Caroline Ward-Nesbit
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 19:48:39 +0000
All spoken for! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Take care,

Caroline

Caroline Ward-Nesbit

Head Librarian

Thomaston Public Library

60 Main St.

Thomaston, ME 04861

(207) 354-2453

www.thomaston.lib.me.us<http://www.thomaston.lib.me.us>

Pronouns: she/her

No Replies
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:27:55 -0400
Hello, I just got a call from a man who says he is at Riverview Psychiatric Hospital in Augusta, Maine. The library director has got calls from him before and this is my second one. Each time, he is insistent that we send him printed information as he claims that he is not allowed to have anything to read. Yet, he comes up with some rather obscure requests for information that could really only be found on a computer. I asked him today that since he is in Augusta that perhaps he should go through a library in Augusta and

[More ...]
Show Replies 9 Replies
Caroline Ward-Nesbit
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 18:10:14 +0000
Hello, all,

We just had some gently used (but still in excellent condition) books donated that we already have in our collection, so I'm offering them up here to the first responder on van delivery:

Downeast: Five Maine Girls and the Unseen Story of Rural America by Gigi Georges
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn

[More ...]
No Replies
Lee Koenigs
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 13:32:07 -0400
Hi Albie,

We use Rainbow Printing (for our library cards as well). They are
excellent to work with--

Contact info:

Todd Coleman
Rainbow Printing
3711 Boettler Oaks Drive
Uniontown, OH 44685
National Account Executive
PH: (800) 535-1433
FX: (330) 896-5556

Best,

Lee M. Koenigs

Library Director

Libby Memorial Library

MLA Small & Rural Library Group Chair

Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064

207-934-4351

From: New England Library Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 1:21 PM
Subject: NELLS: Final Application Reminder

[image: Image]

*NELLS 2022: Application Reminder*
*Deadline: June 10th*

Don't forget that the deadline to submit your NELLS application is this
Friday, June 10th! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any
questions.

[More ...]
No Replies
Katie Lyons
Tue, 7 Jun 2022 12:01:03 -0400
Thank you!

Katie Lyons
Circulation Supervisor
Rice Public Library, Kittery
207-439-1553 x2
No Replies
Katie Lyons
Tue, 7 Jun 2022 11:43:53 -0400
Hello,

We've received two donated copies of Lucy Foley's latest that we'd
love to pass along to libraries on the van. First to respond gets them.

Katie Lyons
Circulation Supervisor
Rice Public Library, Kittery
207-439-1553 x2
No Replies
Ann Morrison Spinney
Tue, 7 Jun 2022 10:50:48 -0400
We just started to do inventory and are working on it using Count Use Internal in Sierra.
What happens if books are not scanned in call number order?
We shelf-read all our stacks before starting, but now find our Children's Area includes several dozen books that come before PZ 7, ranging from some B's and beyond PZ 7 into some Ts (we use LC call numbers)
Thank you for any advice, prayers, indulgences, forgiveness ~Ann Spinney, NMCC
No Replies
Sylvia Jadczak
Tue, 7 Jun 2022 09:44:49 -0400
A teacher is looking to replace Lord of the Flies with something more
contemporary which students could also compare with To Kill a Mockingbird.
Suggested social issue themes for this book are loss of innocence, gender
misogyny, coming of age, discrimination, etc. The book will be read by
high school sophomores.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

[More ...]
No Replies
McKenney, Janet
Tue, 7 Jun 2022 13:27:37 +0000
Tuesday, June 7 – Statewide Meeting @3:15 pm

MSL- Continuing Statewide Conversations

Tuesday, June 7, 2022 @ 3:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://mainestate.zoom.us/j/81213023053?pwd=R1Iza3NQa3hySDhDV2l6NXhRQTBEdz09
Meeting ID: 812 1302 3053
Discussion Topics
Delivery Prices Increase
The new prices for Van Delivery for July1, 2022- June 30, 2023 have increased from $19.14 t0 $26.60 per stop. University and Colby, Bates and Bowdoin will be increased to $30.00 per stop on their contracts with Freedom Xpress.
This is devasting to all budgets and we held a session at MLA to share the news with those attending and we can

[More ...]
No Replies
Wynter Giddings
Tue, 7 Jun 2022 05:56:22 -0400
NELLS: EMERGING LEADERS

The NELLS 2022 program is designed for emerging leaders as an introduction
to library leadership. It is most appropriate for early to mid-career
library workers who have demonstrated potential to become leaders in the
field, or who aspire to hold leadership positions. A Master’s degree in
Library Science is not required in order to participate.

[More ...]
No Replies
Michelle Sampson
Mon, 6 Jun 2022 15:43:05 -0400
The NELLS 2022 program is designed for emerging leaders as an introduction
to library leadership. It is most appropriate for early to mid-career
library workers who have demonstrated potential to become leaders in the
field, or who aspire to hold leadership positions. A Master’s degree in
Library Science is not required in order to participate.

[More ...]
No Replies
Leadbetter, Jared
Mon, 6 Jun 2022 17:44:59 +0000
Hello all, and a pleasant Monday to you,

Just putting out the reminder for interested public libraries: if you are interested in receiving funding for digital literacy programming (using DigitalLearn.org resources), the Public Library Association has collaborated with AT&T to create a Digital Literacy Workshop Incentive. The application window ends Friday, June 10th!

[More ...]
No Replies
Gus Hedden
Mon, 6 Jun 2022 10:49:43 -0400
Would anyone be interested in joining me on the 4th of July in Naples,
Maine? See the link below

https://bestthingsme.com/event/4th-of-july-parade-2022-07-04-naples-me.html
No Replies
Devin Burritt
Mon, 6 Jun 2022 10:37:15 -0400
Hi All,

Does anyone have an active PA system that they love for outdoor use/events?
If so, do you mind sharing the brand and specs?

If you have one that you hate- that's good info to have too :-D.

Thank you!

Best,
Devin
No Replies
Holly Williams
Sat, 4 Jun 2022 12:10:59 -0400
Hello friends!

At the Maine Libraries Conference, I had the great fortune to be part of
one of these Librarian--Maine ED 2050 discussions, and I'm hoping those of
you who did not participate would like to!

Here are the basics: A group of librarians (any and all types) have a
conversation with the Education Action Forum of Maine facilitating. This
conversation is recorded through Cortico's Local Voices Network .

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Vassalboro Public Library Director
Sat, 4 Jun 2022 10:24:19 -0400
Hello Maine Librarians,
Vassalboro library has been fortunate to have Alec Hartman's photography
exhibited at the library since early this year. His work was featured in
DownEast Magazine which brought many people from all over Maine to our
library.
https://downeast.com/photography/alec-hartman-a-gifted-maine-photographer/

If any library is interested in exhibiting his work Charlie Hartman would
love to work with you. She will come to your library with prints,
postcards, and framed photos, and if you want to sell she will split the
profits with you. Please message off list if you are interested. Many
thanks!

[More ...]
No Replies
Visser, Marijke A
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 21:36:36 +0000
Good afternoon all,

How is it June already?! Have you registered for Spring Council? If not, don't delay, June 16 is around the corner. Registration is open and you can access it via the CE calendar and this link https://maine-msl.libcal.com/event/9174064. We'll meet, June 16, 1:00-4:00 and it is virtual.

We're pleased to share the session agenda https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OPPfx5sACYxszJJzehNB9bkKh1ZWFeCVtPf-pFuVvXg/edit?usp=sharing. Here's a preview of what you can expect:

[More ...]
No Replies
Eve Sotiriou
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 16:49:42 +0000
The dystopian stickers and 14-day stickers have both found new homes🙂

​Eve Sotiriou
Operations Librarian
Waterville Public Library
No Replies
Joshua Tiffany, MLIS
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 12:38:51 -0400
Greetings, salutations, and welcome back to another edge of the seat,
expecting the unexpected, Hades or bust edition of the High Demand Hold
Digest - your source for identifying items guaranteed to circulate at the
time of purchase.

Apologies for the slightly truncated list. For the first time in memory, no
single item (save for the pre-pub record for the new Paul Doiron book) had
more than 100 holds. So instead of the normal twenty top requested items,
it shrunk down to ten. Also, due to the lack of overall materials on the
list, "Miscellaneous A/V" is the category that

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Skidompha Library Youth Services
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 11:14:26 -0400
Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips/tricks for keeping the stickers on Playaways? I'm
talking about the sticker on the actual player that looks like the book
cover. Leave it to kids to pull the entire sticker off on the first time it
lends out.

Thanks!
Jessie

Jessie Trafton
Youth Services Librarian
Skidompha Library
184 Main Street
Damariscotta, ME 04543
207.563.5513
She/her/hers

*The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the
compassionate actions of its members.* -Coretta Scott King
No Replies
MLA Communications
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 11:11:34 -0400
The Maine Library Association is pleased to announce that the recipient of
the 2022 Phyllis E. Ainsworth Scholarship is Wendy West, a student at San
Jose State University.

The Phyllis E. Ainsworth Scholarship was named in 1979 in honor of Mrs.
Ainsworth, a Maine librarian who had recently been the first Southern Maine
Library District Consultant. The $2,000 scholarship is awarded annually to
a student member of MLA in order to defray the cost of graduate school.

[More ...]
Show Replies 15 Replies
Reiman, Kara
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 14:35:32 +0000
FORWARDING THE BELOW

To our Librarian friends,

As picture book creators, we respect and appreciate librarians so much! We know how much time you spend developing activities, resources, and lessons for kids, especially during summer reading. For that reason, we've prepared free, engaging, easy-to-use activities using simple materials for each of our five books celebrating the Summer Reading theme.

[More ...]
No Replies
Katie Lyons
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 09:40:18 -0400
Hello all,

After 8-ish weeks of moving, we are finally reopening to the public
tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Interlibrary loan requesting and van delivery have resumed, and we
will be back to our normal hours of operation. If you're still holding
on to any Rice items, please send them back our way.

This is just a soft opening; an official ribbon-cutting ceremony is
TBD, but for now, you're all welcome to come by and see the new
building!

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Eve Sotiriou
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 13:35:27 +0000
Still have the 14-day stickers if anyone is interested!

​Eve Sotiriou
Operations Librarian
Waterville Public Library
No Replies
John Clark
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 07:00:06 -0400
The natural genius of ants / Betty Culley 9780593175774

Betty captures the essence of rural Maine and how people who live there
deal with financial and emotional adversity as they affect tweens and teens
better than anyone. It's on par with the skill Gerry Boyle has to capture
those realities for adults.
In this book, readers follow Harvard and his five year old brother Roger
during the summer they, and their grieving father come to Kettle Hole,
Maine where Dad grew up. Their father, a pediatrician, is still frozen by
guilt and sadness following his mistake that led to the

[More ...]
No Replies
Kate Cheeseman
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 18:22:05 -0400
Hello All,

I wanted to get the word out early about this author event we have coming
up in July, so that any book clubs or individuals who are interested have
enough time to get book(s) & read in advance of the event:

Author Karen Odden will be visiting McArthur Library in Biddeford at 6:30
p.m on Monday July 18th, for an in-person talk on "Murder, Mayhem & Mystery
in 1870s London" followed by Q&A and book signing, and we want to extend
the invitation to all librarians and your library patrons who may be
interested in attending.

[More ...]
No Replies
Eve Sotiriou
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 20:11:28 +0000
Dystopian and 14-day stickers, free!. Must be on van delivery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MqQpgPP3LvpMaS2J6cYCac5LdpkaOEK/view?usp=sharing
[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/pxNjs-U1gemaIAvzi3VfGesW9rOEmxX7-yfg_IM-nTRk13Q8UpoJnd7KehN8Hh2C7ko=w1200-h630-p]<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MqQpgPP3LvpMaS2J6cYCac5LdpkaOEK/view?usp=sharing>
dystopianstickers.jpg<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MqQpgPP3LvpMaS2J6cYCac5LdpkaOEK/view?usp=sharing>
drive.google.com
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dz7ixbNZgxbe9hX2_hnB42-kiPqAe5ok/view?usp=sharing
[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/OjRc4iQZcgAgzVSNFZjiwgMzeEiKEUIvx5BpUwc3Mvs85R7i5AIPi_IxQQwecxcXfe0=w1200-h630-p]<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dz7ixbNZgxbe9hX2_hnB42-kiPqAe5ok/view?usp=sharing>
14day-stickers.jpg<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dz7ixbNZgxbe9hX2_hnB42-kiPqAe5ok/view?usp=sharing>
drive.google.com

​Eve Sotiriou
Operations Librarian
Waterville Public Library
No Replies
Nissa Flanagan
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 15:10:39 -0400
All are spoken for! Thank you for helping me clean off my desk!

Best,
Nissa

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 2:09 PM Nissa Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have some donated books that may be of interest to your library! Van
> delivery preferred.
>
> Hardcover:
> Survive the Night - Riley Sager
> We Begin at the End - Chris Whitaker
> The Caretakers - Amanda Bestor-Siegal
> Nine Lives - Peter Swanson
> River of the Gods - Candice Millard (this one has lots of holds!!)
>
> Trade Paperback
> The Seven

[More ...]
No Replies
Danielle Fortin
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:30:06 -0400
Did anyone who attended MLA lose a very spiffy pin? I found one in a room
(sorry, don't remember which) when we were cleaning up on Tuseday. If you
lost one message me!!!
No Replies
Nissa Flanagan
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:09:51 -0400
Hello!

I have some donated books that may be of interest to your library! Van
delivery preferred.

Hardcover:
Survive the Night - Riley Sager
We Begin at the End - Chris Whitaker
The Caretakers - Amanda Bestor-Siegal
Nine Lives - Peter Swanson
River of the Gods - Candice Millard (this one has lots of holds!!)

Trade Paperback
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Taylor Jenkins Reid
The Love Hypothesis - Ali Hazelwood

[More ...]
No Replies
Liz Soares
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 16:42:55 +0000
Hello, everyone:
The Augusta School Department is seeking a K-12 Library Media Specialist.
The job description can be found here: https://www.augustaschools.org/employment/index.php
I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Liz

Elizabeth A. Soares, M.Ed.
K-12 Librarian
Augusta School District
Cony High School Library
60 Pierce Drive
Augusta, ME 04330
207-626-2460 x3322
https://www.facebook.com/asdlibraries/
https://sites.google.com/augustaschools.org/conyschoollibrary/home
Currently reading: Search, by Michelle Huneven.
No Replies
Ray Marcotte
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 16:22:54 +0000
Hello all,

Seeking Volunteer

The Windham Public Library is looking to digitize its collection of Windham High School Yearbooks. This will involve carefully scanning the pages of all of the yearbooks into a computer software program. Being comfortable with technology is a must. Step-by-step training will be provided. This could be an excellent opportunity for a library science student internship/field work. For more information, contact Ray Marcotte (207-892-1908 ext. 5) or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

[More ...]
No Replies
Tim Caverly
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 12:08:27 -0400
Dear Friends in Library World,

I have written a critique for the Maine Sportsman on a book released
yesterday (6/1/22) titled, 'Let's Go for a Ride' by William Livezey and
Daren Worcester, ISBN 978-1-68475-019-1.

It is an excellent autobiography of Maine longest tenured undercover Game
Warden. The retail price is $26.95 plus $4 shipping.

I have copies on hand and can offer the book to libraries for $22 plus $4
shipping.

[More ...]
No Replies
Beckie Delaney
Thu, 2 Jun 2022 11:53:39 -0400
Associate/Assistant Library Director

Responsibilities:

1.

Directs the maintenance and improvement of the library’s physical
facilities and equipment
2.

Seeks and writes grants
3.

Assist with the development and maintaining of adult programming,
including literary series
4.

Works with volunteer coordinator
5.

Oversight of inter-library loan program
6.

Manage Library operating system
7.

Assist with oversight of book fair and other library activities
8.

Attend Board Meetings and other assigned committee meetings
9.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dorman, Christina